Thursday, July 1, 2010

5 Months and counting...

My first post as the Bride - yay!

Wedding planning is coming along. Like Robert posted, we have a church and a reception. And I already have THE dress! It was the first dress I tried on at the first bridal store I went to. It had a little bit of everything I was looking for - beading, lace, straps, sparklies- and still managed to look elegant (with the bonus of making me look tall, which is no easy feat). Who said dress shopping was hard? ;)

Throughout this new process of planning a wedding and a new life for Robert and I, we have realized 3 things:
1. The bride is traditional in an unconventional way, and we really just want to have a fun intimate party
2. The wedding industry is one big rip-off capitalizing on your happy day
3. (and most important) It is so easy to get caught up in the wedding that you lose the focus of why you're having that wedding

As I like to quote from an advice column in a bridal magazine, Robert and I are getting MARRIED, not "Wedding-ed". If you've talked to me recently, you've already heard me on my pre-nuptial soapbox. I think I keep pushing that point because I need to remind myself that even if this world falls away, the most important thing is that Robert and I get married. And I do plan on marrying Robert on Dec 3rd - rain or shine, wedding or no wedding, no matter what happens.

And the other advice I got from that same column, ELOPE! Too late for that... I guess, sometimes advice is to be given, not taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment