Friday, July 30, 2010

Second Lesson in Marriage

Today I found another white hair. Except this white hair did not come from the top of my head, but from my eyebrow! Yes, I found a white eyebrow hair. Am I stressing that much?

So instead of giving in to my worries, I decided to Give Thanks instead.

And I am thankful for M who is trying so hard to make our wedding beautiful the way we want. I'm thankful for my mom trying to be helpful (even if I have to bite my tongue from time to time). I'm thankful for my friend Jasmine who can relate to the wedding stresses. I'm grateful for my moh who remains calm and gracious even as I rant and rave around the lake. I'm thankful for F who offered to get a truck-load of branches if we so wanted (and want we shall). And I'm thankful for all the friends who have offered a helping hand, a referral, a sympathetic ear, and their prayers.

I realize this is another lesson in marriage: Give Thanks. Be grateful for what you have and be humble enough to get by with a little help from your friends.

With that said, the thing I'm most thankful for is that I am getting married to a wonderful man who reminds me everyday to not worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment